Christmas is Coming!

A friend pointed out today that there are 107 more days til Christmas. One of my daughter's friends has had "put up the Christmas tree" fever for a couple of weeks already.

Our family is having a consumerism-free Christmas this year. The initial conversation with my daughters was that we wouldn't exchange gifts, but rather just focus on spending the day together playing games and visiting and eating.

My son and I, however, have decided that we're going to make/repurpose gifts. We've been poking through items/supplies at the thrift shop and figuring out what to make with them. So far, we've come up with - well, I suppose I can't tell you in case family members read this post!

What I can tell you, however, is that we have spent a total of $1.20 on items that we are repurposing into 3 adorable gifts for my grandbabies, $4.00 on an item that will just require sandpaper and paint to make a beautiful gift for my granddaughter's first birthday, and less than $2.00 on items that will be repurposed into 3 other gifts.

It's such a feel-good to do creative things together! Then there's the added feel-good of doing less harm to our planet. And it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment